21 February 2012

By Graeme McNicol

Well another week and another call off! Playing rugby at our level can be frustrating; Friday night and I had a full squad of guys all itching to play a competitive game of rugby in the RBS West Division 4 League. However, I received a call at 7.30pm and the team we’re due to play, cry off!

So all this starting and stopping becomes rather frustrating! Somehow thanks to the hard work of our fixture secretary, we did manage to get a game against a local club’s 3rd team. This has allowed us to get some game time in before an all-important top of the table clash this weekend – Lanark v Arran.


We managed a 22-5 win in our replacement game, which given the fact we’ve only played one other game since the New Year, and we’ve experimented with our lineup, was a rather satisfying result. For a match report click here.

Playing at our level is far from what you see on the TV. We play on a park right in the middle of an old racecourse; the space is vast and open and if you are ever unfortunate enough to stand on the sidelines, you’ll know it can be a cold, cold place! Therefore the boys were over the moon to take delivery of our new sub-suits – big bad boy, baby grows. As soon as they were delivered to my office, I had to try one on! Sitting at a desk in a heated office, wearing one of these suits was not the best idea, I was sweating like a drugs mule at customs.

The new sub-suit
Finally this week, did any of you watch the Saracens v Leicester Tigers match? What a game that was! I watched it from the comfort of my couch as I nursed a hangover and what a hangover cure that was! The only questions I have to ask is the same question that Glasgow Warriors kicking ace @duncan_weir tweeted about: How did Murphy get his foot under that ball? #spud http://pic.twitter.com/EHNUgl5W

Next week’s blog will detail a rugby squad’s 12 hour bus trip! I can tell you now that this is gonna be messy! Leaving at 10am to chase a ferry, then back for 10pm and straight into the pub. I will try and get some photos too if I can manage to operate my phone whilst under the influence! (This is not advisable behaviour, operating a phone under the influence can have serious repercussions.)

As I mentioned earlier, this fixture is a top of the table clash this weekend, so if my blog is positive next week you know we won, if I am found in a bath in a hotel room you know that I will always love you and we got beat!

Most Viewed This Week

Archives

- Copyright © Scrum Five -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -