6 March 2012

Former England captain Lewis Moody has announced his immediate retirement from all rugby.

The 33-year-old's career has been hampered by several different injuries. Moody suffered a shoulder injury earlier in the season and it was confirmed on his website that he had decided to hang up his boots.

"It is with great sadness that I have to announce my immediate retirement from all forms of rugby. I have been very privileged to have played in some incredible teams and with some phenomenal players." said Moody via a statement released by his management company.

"It goes without saying how much I value the fans who have supported me so loyally over the years, it has been one of life's singular pleasures to have played this game in front of you.

"Rugby has been my life for such a long time now, it is scary to imagine what it will be like without it, but I look forward to relishing the new opportunities and adventures that will come my way." he added.

Moody captained England during the 2011 Rugby World Cup, making his final Test match appearance in England's quarter-final defeat against France in Auckland. He made his England Test debut against Canada in 2001 and appeared in all of England's games during their winning 2003 World Cup campaign.

Most Viewed This Week

Archives

- Copyright © Scrum Five -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -